The accreditations of CATAS
Since 1991 we are a testing laboratory accredited (n. 0027) according to EN ISO/IEC 17025 standard. For more information, you can download the accreditation certificate and the list of accredited tests for the operating sites of:
San Giovanni al Natisone, via Antica 24/3
San Giovanni al Natisone, via Braide Matte 4
Lissone, via Braille 5
In 2014 CATAS has been the first Italian certification body to be accredited according to EN ISO/IEC 17065 (n. 215B) for the activities in the field of formaldehyde emission from wood based panels according to the CARB certification procedures.
Here you can download the accreditation certificate issued by Accredia.
ACCREDIA ensures the fairness and reliability of the test reports and certifications issued by the accredited laboratories or certification bodies by evaluating the technical competence and professional integrity of their personnel and also by assessing the conformity of all the procedures adopted in their testing or certification activities.
The international value of the accreditation derives by the Accredia membership to EA (European Cooperation for Accreditation) and also by the subscription of the IAF (International Accreditation Forum) and ILAC (International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation) agreements.
Authorizations, notifications and acknowledgements
The national and international acknowledgements allowed us to grow and to develop into different areas, becoming a very broad technical reference point for all our customers.
- Since the year 2000, with the authorization from the Italian Home Office, CATAS is granted to issue test certificates in the fire reaction sector, in accordance with the Italian Law no. 818 of 1984 and D.M. 26/03/1985.
- CATAS is a notified laboratory (n.1937) for the purposes of Construction Products Regulation n. 305/2011EU. Discover all the products we can test and download NANDO notification n ° 1937.
- CATAS has been the first Italian institute to be recognized by the government of California (CARB) as third party certifier (TPC) for low formaldehyde emitting wood-based panels.
- The first laboratory in Italy to be recognized by the U.S. Environment Protection Agency (EPA) for the control and the certification of formaldehyde emissions from wood based panels.
- Included by BIFMA (Businness Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association) in the list of laboratories which are members of the USA Association.
- Approved by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission for the analysis of lead in children furniture.
- Authorized by IKEA to carry out tests in the furniture sector.
- Approved by Intertek for testing activities and to asses product conformities according to some international protocols (e.g. Soncap).
- Present into the Register of the research laboratories of MIUR - Ministry of Education, University and Research and into the list of Laboratories and highly qualified Institutions recognized by the Friuli Venezia Giulia Region.