CATAS and the English FIRA (Furniture Industry Research Association) Ergonomics Unit work jointly to the ergonomics evaluation and certification in the furniture industry.
A joint protocol can be carried out at CATAS lab under the supervision and with the consultancy of Mr. Levent Çaglar, Senior Ergonomist at FIRA UK.
This protocol involves:
- dimensional assessment of the product, according to European standards, if available for the product;
- verification of safety, strength and durability of the product, according to the requirements provided by EN standards;
- user trials with real user panels: observation of the product in real use, questionnaires about comfort and measurement of the pressure distribution using pressure imaging sensors;
- ergonomic assessment by the senior ergonomist;
- issue of the ergonomics certificate based on International standards.
For more info please contact:
Tel. (+39) 0432 firstname.lastname@example.org