CATAS Answers

Find here the most Frequently Asked Questions.

Is it possible to check whether a panel or finished product has a formaldehyde emission according to class E1?

Depending on the type of material to be verified it is possible to use different standardized test methods for which CATAS is accredited. The test results are then compared with the limits prescribed by the standard EN 13986 for class E1. This standard is expressly mentioned in the Ministerial Decree of 10 October 2008.

CATAS Referrals:

Daniele Bergamasco Tel: (+39) 0432 747249 E-mail:
Sandro Ciroi Tel: (+39) 0432 747235 E-mail:

Tags: Indoor emissions, Formaldehyde, Products safety

Among the present F.A.Q.s you didn't find what you need?

Fill in the form below and ask your question. We'll give you an answer as quick as possible.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.