CATAS Answers

Find here the most Frequently Asked Questions.

Formaldehyde emissions: which are the differences between USA and CANADA?

The "CANFER" law published in July 2021 will regulate the emission of Formaldehyde from wood-based composite products in Canada from 2023. The law is very similar to the certifications already in place in the US.

Compared to the well-known TSCA Title VI, the only substantial difference concerns the labeling for which minimum font sizes are provided, must be circumscribed by a box and must appear in two languages: in English and in French.

CATAS Referrals:

Daniele Bergamasco Tel: (+39) 0432 747249 E-mail:

Tags: Formaldehyde

Among the present F.A.Q.s you didn't find what you need?

Fill in the form below and ask your question. We'll give you an answer as quick as possible.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.